Terex Cranes Global Marketing
Press & Public Relations
TEREX CRANES LAUNCH NEW BT 26106 SUPER STINGER™ BOOM TRUCK
Waverly, IA, USA, 19-20 May 2010 – The new Terex® BT 26106 Super Stinger™ boom truck combines innovative design with ease-of-use, structural strength and reliable performance for low cost of ownership and exceptional reliability. Terex Cranes unveiled the new BT 26106 Super Stinger™ at a major, new product event in Waverly.
“The new BT 26106 Super Stinger™ represents the beginning of a new era in Terex boom trucks” according to Dave Stevenson, Vice President and General Manager for Terex Cranes Global Boom Trucks, “It delivers best in class performance and versatility thanks to its innovative outrigger design, boom structure and length, plus the tough versatility of a lattice jib with pull-out second section and jib offset. The Terex® BT 26106 Super Stinger™ offers the performance that only a true 26-ton, world-class boom truck can provide.”
About the newTerex® BT 26106 Super Stinger™
• Innovative Outrigger Design delivering over-the-front lift performance that averages 80% of the over-the-rear value without equipping the truck with a front stabilizer jack.
• Proven Terex® keel boom design which offers structural strength and low weight for a load chart performance that outspaces other 26-ton boom trucks by up to 10%.
• Impressive boom tip height of 162ft (49.4m) when the 106-foot main boom is fitted with the 47ft jib.
• Simple 17ft (5.2m) jib pull-out section enables easy jib configuration to meet specific job site requirements, based on Terex® rough terrain crane designs which have been proven capable of withstanding the harshest job environments. When fitted to the high-strength keel boom, it provides lift capacities up to 22% higher than other boom trucks with comparable jib extensions.
• Intuitive controls can be accessed from either side of the truck, saving valuable time and effort.
• Load Moment Indicator with Work Area Definition enables the operator to define boundaries for movement of load and is integrated into all Terex BT 26106 models.
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer operating in four business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Construction, Terex Cranes and Terex Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, energy, refining and utility industries. Terex offers a complete line of financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. More information on Terex can be found at www.terex.com.
© 2017 Terex Corporation. All Rights Reserved.