Meet Danny Black, General Manager
- How long have you worked for the company? 31 years
- What position(s) have you held during your service? Graduate Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Manager, General Manager
- Favourite thing about your job? Being able to work close with our customers, starting with a customer’s need/challenge/idea, seeing this evolve into a concept/design, then come to life in a new model or upgrade and ultimately providing a solution for our customers and their customers to help repair or build the communities around us. The crane industry is a great industry to work in and very proud that Franna is the backbone of the Australian crane industry.
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work? Spending quality time with family and friends. Don’t get much time to tinker these days, but still find it satisfying to use my hands to build or get something working again.
- Best memory of working at Franna? There are so many and for many different reasons, one stand out is the development of the MAC25 (and watching it become our most popular crane), operating the crane during the prototype load testing phase – I still remember pushing to the extreme limit, having the crane balancing a load with just the left hand front duals on the ground. (Note: It was is in a controlled environment to enable it to be performed safely)