Introducing Global Business Services, the team at Terex Corporation that provides our Company with essential financial and business services in every part of the world.
Who is Terex Corporation?
Terex is a global manufacturer of aerial work platforms and materials processing machinery serving a variety of industries and sectors. The Company designs, builds, and supports products used in construction, maintenance, manufacturing, energy, minerals and materials management applications. Our products are manufactured in North and South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia and sold worldwide. Terex is registered with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) and is a publicly held company with shares traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “TEX”.
What services does GBS provide to Terex?
We are a large, talented group of finance and accounting professionals responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, indirect tax compliance, local statutory reporting, and closing the books under U.S. GAAP requirements. The team works closely with our Terex business units as well as Corporate Accounting, Treasury and Corporate Tax teams. We support the Company through changes like business acquisitions, system upgrades and changes, and improvement initiatives, and we provide information that is essential to accurate business forecasts. We do all this, and more!
Where are GBS team members based?
Our global Centre of Excellence is in Lurgan, Northern Ireland, where we have about 160 professionals working with us. We also have offices in Italy, Australia, the United States (Iowa and Mississippi) and China.
What are the advantages of working at GBS?
- You will be part of a first-rate global team of professionals. On any given day, you might be interacting with colleagues in just about any part of the world.
- We offer good salaries and generous health benefits, and flexible work arrangements.
- You’ll have responsibility, early on – you won’t just be another face in the crowd!
- You’ll enjoy career opportunities both within GBS and our corporate and business teams.
- We live by our values – Safety, along with Respect, Integrity, Courage, Servant Leadership, Improvement and Citizenship. Does any of this sound important to you?
- We have a strong corporate culture that supports team members and their families.
- You’ll be part of a team that volunteers and supports the local community.
- We are “ESG” focused – we are working to preserve the planet and operate responsibly.
What kind of team member is GBS looking for?
We’re always interested to meet with financial professionals who have strong accounting and tax skills. Most of our new team members are early- to mid-career. We are looking for people who are “highly qualified,” although this might be your first or second job. Perhaps you’ve just completed a training contract with an accounting firm. A degree is terrific but not necessarily required.
We also seek people with experience working in transactions, dealing with suppliers and external customers. We’re an international company, so language skills are a plus. We are an equal opportunity employer of both men and women with a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Terex is committed to supporting the growth and development of our team members, and we provide regular and relevant training, including support for professional exams and accreditations across a range of disciplines. Our graduate training programme is offered in partnership with Chartered Accountants Ireland (ACA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA/CGMA) and provides the opportunity for students to get relevant on-the-job experience in a dynamic industry environment, whilst studying to become a fully qualified accountant.